Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter is my favorite holiday of the year.  Christmas is a good one, no doubt, but for me, Easter beats it all to heck.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with the chocolate factor.
We started our day with church, where we sang Christ the Lord is Risen Today. Something about those Alleluias just resonates with me, and even though I don't sing them well, I always sing them loud.  Sorry for any ears I may have offended this morning.  While there, I collected my fun lamb cake that we purchased from the YW bake sale.  Thank you Kathy for the great job you did, even without the coconut (my choice, not hers).


Tom's parents came over to celebrate and share dinner with us. The cake looked so nice that Norma didn't want us to cut it, but it did become the dessert sacrifice. Tom started at the rump end so as not to traumatize his mother too much.

It was fun to watch the kiddos with their Easter basket treats.  It took Tommy all of about 3 seconds to figure out that the plastic eggs in his basket opened and had treats inside.  A few goldfish, pretzels, and spinach-apple puffs.  Ellie shared in his treasure and left her own basket unraided.

  

A few of my favorite pics from today...

Ellie is such a little daddy's girl.  I love watching them play together. 

As I picked up Ellie tonight and swung her upside-down for her daily giggles before putting her to bed I noticed that her two top front teeth have finally cut through.  She wasn't fussing about it at all today; she's such a trooper.  I knew exactly when Tommy's teeth were coming through, because he told us all about it every step of the way. 

Ellie led the way in tooth production, popping through her first, the lower right, on January 9th and the one right next to it the following day.  It was another seven weeks before Tommy's first broke through, but then he got three more about a week or so ago. Now they each have four sharp little front teeth and we can assume that no pretzel will ever be safe in our house again.


                                                                                                                          
  
We had a surprise visit yesterday from Tom's Aunt Judy.  She lives in Georgia and had not yet met Ellie and Tommy.  Her grandkids Jordan and Hayden and her son Todd came with her.  Everyone took turns holding the babies.

Great Aunt Judy

Second Cousin Jordan

And her sister Hayden

Tom's cousin Todd with a sleeping Tommy. 
All those toys must have worn him out.

Hayden enjoyed the snuggle with her Uncle Todd
 

                                                                                                                         

On Friday we went to Andrea Landoll's home for a play date with a potluck lunch. We met up again with Kendra, and we also got to play with Jenna Purdue. 


Tommy and Ellie seem to be playing very well with other children. Not too much pushing or grabbing went on. Except on my legs--Tommy has started pulling up on any available surface, and my legs seem to be his favorite one.

Most of the kids at the gathering were a little older and played outside. Andrea planned Easter egg coloring and hunting activities. We had to leave a little early and missed that fun, but all in all it was a great afternoon. 

It has been a busy week and we have been visitors or been visited every day this week.  I am tired, and headed to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun day! I hope the cake tasted as good as the pic looked..if not, I apologize! It looks like you had a fabulous Easter and how fun to have surprise visitors to enjoy and cuddle with your cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

If you've been here for a visit, I'd love to know, even if you just say hi!