Monday, March 12, 2012

Gotta Start Somewhere

Well, I have absolutely no idea how to do this blog thing, but you've got to start somewhere. And today I actually did something blogworthy and took pictures too, so I'm going to give it a try. Eventually I'd like to back up and catch up this past year if it's possible, but if I think about that too hard I'm sure I'll just not start, so here goes... My babies are NINE months old today!!! No way! They are growing up so stinkin fast!

Here's my Beautiful Eliana


Mary Jeffery called this afternoon and invited us over for a little cookout, so we went and had great fun.

Tommy and Ellie are eating dinner. Feeding themselves while mama is busy gabbing.



And here's a picture of my favorite people.

Eventually Tommy found a comfy spot to rest where he didn't have to share a lap.

You can see here that Mary didn't put out her fancy spread for just the Selvages.  Dee Kelly and the missionaries were also there. Dee made a very yummy pineapple cake but I ate mine up before I thought about taking its picture.

After dinner, I decided to take Tommy and Ellie to meet Mary's cows.  I keep making animal noises at them, and one of their favorite books is "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?" so I thought it would be fun to meet one of these creatures in real life.  Jen helped with the introductions.
Ellie did NOT like the cow.  Well at least not after I let it lick her feet.  When we got back to civilization Gordon informed me that cow tongues are very rough.  Oops!
 
 
Tommy wasn't overly impressed either, but at least he didn't cry.  I guess that's because he kept his socks on. :)
Thanks Mary, for the delicious dinner and the great company!

And thanks Gordon, for the cow info.  I thought that tongue looked slimy, not scratchy!



By the way, the reason that this post is getting posted so late is that once we got home, Tom got me started helping him with his data gathering for his dissertation project.  I've been playing in Excel all evening.  Haven't done a VLOOKUP in years, and I've missed it.  Now THAT was fun!  I'm such a nerd, but at least I didn't take pictures of that part of my day. :)

 
 
Hah! In my search for how to re-edit my post, I found the missing post that I started about 2 years ago.  So I guess this isn't where I start after all.  Hopefully it won't be where I end either!

1 comment:

If you've been here for a visit, I'd love to know, even if you just say hi!