Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's a Present Dave, From Me, to Me!

Well, actually it's a birthday present from Tom to me, but it is one that I've been begging for and gladly took care of the details of ordering.  I also eagerly opened it and set it up when it came even though Tom was still at work and my birthday isn't until Sunday.

It's a Canon T3i, my new DSLR camera!


I have been increasingly frustrated with my little Nikon Coolpix because it has a very slow response time between the shutter release and the picture being taken.  I am constantly missing the shots that I think I have framed.  I've also been wanting to learn more about photography and how to do some special effects. 

For today though, these pictures were taken in purely automatic mode.  Even so, I can tell a marked improvement.  The response time is so fast that I can catch multiple shots per second.  I have a series of Ellie crawling across the floor that looks like a little movie because the shots were so close together.  And now I'd really better keep up with this blog!













And just as a follow-up to my last post, I did figure out the raspberry thing.  I took a jar of raspberry-vanilla jam (thanks Doug for the inspiration) that I made last fall and heated it up, adding more pectin and sugar, then poured it out on a lined pan.  When it cooled I diced it with a pizza cutter and floured the cubes to keep them separated since they are sticky.  Storing leftovers in my freezer.  I don't know that I'll ever do it again once the 2 pounds of chips I ended up with are gone, but my scary little brain just couldn't let it go.

Too bad I ate all the evidence before the new camera came.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful sight that camera is taking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and congrats on the new camera..very nice! The pics look super too! I still haven't gotten the knack of mine..or else I'm just a lousy photographer!

    ReplyDelete

If you've been here for a visit, I'd love to know, even if you just say hi!